View Single Post
Old 2015-08-24, 10:56am
da General

Quote:
Originally Posted by echeveria View Post
My Bluebird XL is a brick kiln, so hers might be also. Depends on what you ordered.

I typically use my Chili Pepper, and I leave it after I verify that it has started ramping down. It is about 16" away from the wall, sitting on ceramic tile that is on a wire shelf. And I always go back and check it when it should be off.

I wonder if there is some sort of add-on device that would be a shutoff if the temp got to be more than your holding temperature?

Kathy, according to Paragon site, the roof of your kiln isn't fiber brick but ceramic fiber board. So no, it doesn't retain heat as well as a fully fiber brick lined kiln such as a Glass Hive.

http://www.paragonweb.com/bluebird_xl.cfm

Quote:
Firebrick Walls and Floor, Ceramic Fiber Roof

The BlueBird XL has durable insulating firebricks in the walls and floor. The element is mounted in the roof and embedded between two layers of ceramic fiber board. This reduces dust inside the kiln.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|