Thread: Make Up Air?
View Single Post
Old 2013-09-05, 10:43am
TJ

I understand that principle, Dale.

But is it SAFE in terms of my health whilst torching? Or is that insufficient clean air coming from behind/around me? 75-90% of the outside air will be rushing through the ventilation system, recirculating pretty much in a closed loop ( to keep heat in), right back up into the fan, hardly reaching my breathing zone, while 25% or less will be coming from the rest of the house.

It's clear the air movement dynamics are dramatically different between having door open or closed. I can feel it. I understand the dangers of having it open and the draw coming mostly from a closed house. I am not aware if there are any dangers associated with the replacement air being forced almost entirely through a makeup air vent pointed back into the fan, with LITTLE air coming from elsewhere. In your diagrams, it is not a closed room, I assume, but a rather open space. That is my concern: whether it makes a safety difference or not in this regard.
My Mission and metier: to mindfully and meticulously master the movement of marvelous molten, both mentally and manually, in order to metamorphosis a melting mass into meretricious, memorable makings.

Last edited by TJ; 2013-09-05 at 10:46am.