Thread: Hothead 101
View Single Post
Old 2010-01-21, 10:24am
Jacqueline Parkes

Default Hothead 101

I think I need a refresher course. I am going to list the things I am doing and please if anyone sees a problem, correct me because if I don't solve the streaking problem on my encasing glass you will have to listen to me whine ( trust me, you don't want that!)

I am running on a propane tank. Two months old. Hothead is umm less than a year old I think.

1. I use to turn the propane tank fully on until I read here last year that others don't. So I give it about two turns. Is that correct?

2. When I turn on the hothead I turn it really only about one turn , maybe two.

3. I am working above the blue cone and I actually measured it lol. It is about four inches from the head of the torch.

4. When I bleed the lines, I keep the torch running and turn off the propane. It actually burns out in less than two minutes, very quickly. Is that normal?

5. I have tried hanging my hoses upside down but I have never seen anything come out of the hose. I am really stumped here as far as this goes.

6. When I clean my clear glass, I have washed it in liquid dish soap and rinsed it really well. Last night I tried a few by just cleaning them with alcohol or vineger and rinsing well. One I tried just vinegar and no rinsing as I had read here last night someone saying not to rinse them in water (no idea why)

Thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.