Thread: Hothead 101
View Single Post
Old 2010-01-21, 11:37am
Jacqueline Parkes

Omg, I have been hanging the hose with the torch off! Thank you!!!

What are microfiber cloths?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLC Beads View Post
I ran a HH on bulk propane for 6 years.

Propane was always about 95% open - not fully open so it wouldn't stick in case of an emergency, I'd open all the way then turn it down less than 1/4 turn.

How high the torch was turned on depended on what I was doing - ivory loves abuse. Clear is a bit more delicate. Depending on the HH model - it changed through the years - it could be a different number of turns. It didn't need to be the stereotypical "roaring dragon" to work effeciently, and bulk propane seemed to be turned lower than MAPP or Mapp-Pro.

When I bled out the lines, how quickly it bled out depended on how full the tank was, what temperature it was outside, etc. I would crank the torch up high to burn out any nastiness in the lines. Sometimes 5-10 minutes, sometimes 2.

If you hang the hose upside down, make sure you have the torch head on it, and opened to allow air flow. I did it into a trash can filled with newspaper so it would absorb the smelly nastiness, then I could dispose of that easily and quickly.

My clear was cleaned with soap and water, dried with microfiber cloths. (Love those, they make it sparkle.) I've also heard of good results with alcohol, but haven't done much with it.

Good luck!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.