View Single Post
Old 2007-06-09, 8:27am
Mary Lockwood

I vote that it is limiting but I work through it.

That was the closest choice you had.

It is limiting in that my comfort level seriously declines in extreme weather, but I don't have much choice but to work through it.

I work at night anyway, so that helps out in the summer. I take breaks every hour or so to get a cold drink and wipe sweat. When it is 9pm and still 85 degrees outside, my studio, because it is extremely small, gets well over 90 degrees. On those days I keep a water mist bottle handy. Some of my beads take over an hour to make and I'd be in misery if I couldn't do something to curb the heat.

In the winter I dress in layers and have a space heater shooting at me. I keep hot tea or coffee on top of my kiln, and take breaks whenever my toes are numb.

In the fall and spring I can work 5 straight hours without needing a comfort break. Today would actually be perfect torching weather for me. 70 degrees and sunny right now. Light breeze. Perfect.

~~Mary

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.