Thread: Cracking issues
View Single Post
Old 2014-01-26, 5:01pm

Hmm I don't know for sure you would think so but I haven't played around with sparkly colours enough to be sure. All I know for sure that it it is hit with a reducing flame the chances of cracking increase.
If I can give you a tip about rounding out the big ones it would be get lots of heat into it then work on the spots that need smoothing (say 1/2 inch) at a time and really pour on the heat till the spot is smooth (you can see it smooth out) and don't use the mould just pour on the heat in that one spot, and going around the marble in this manner, when you have gone all around the piece pour on more heat all the way around then a little more than you think then….. use your mould. Everytime you use your mould it draws more heat out of the piece so then you have to chase the heat back in. Hope this make sense ask question to clarify. I try to use the mould as little as possible.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.