View Single Post
Old 2009-06-18, 7:02pm

oooh, I love honey crunch--it IS aptly named though--they got the "crunch" right--it's shocky, shocky, shocky, but the color is worth it!

The devardi, if you don't pre-heat it (I don't) does best if you treat it as "shocky" (some is, some isn't) & do the "bounce, bounce, bounce" thing in the flame first, & then expect it might shock off the rod a bit...if you melt it "further out" it's easier to control & keep it so when it does crack, you can keep it melting the rod on if you're doing a bigger bead, or just spin the piece on & break it off the rod if you're about where you want to be when it happens.

I pretty much treat all glass to the bounce-bounce-bounce anyway, it's a habit I haven't lost yet from when I was hotheading out in the driveway
~luna

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies