View Single Post
Old 2013-09-01, 10:29am
Forever Grateful Beads

Hi all - I've had some more questions/e-mails, etc. about how to get the petals crisp etc., and I thought I should post here because several folks are LE members. I realized that after all of this time, the one tip that I haven't mentioned yet that makes a HUGE difference is the COLORS that are chosen for the petals.

Artists have sent me some fantastic pictures of their beads and have asked about getting their petals crisp and even, but I've noticed that some of the glass/colors chosen have been those seriously "diva" colors (pink rubino, silver glass, intense black, ivory, etc.). There are definitely some colors that do better with this style bead than others. That doesn't mean that it won't work, but if you're trying to get the hang of the technique of layering the glass, make it easy on yourself and stick to the "easy" colors (avoid the silvers, and the others that I mentioned above).

Anyway - thanks again everyone for your support and interest in the tutorial and feel free to ask/post/contact me if you have any other questions!

Take care,
Amy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.