View Single Post
Old 2017-10-04, 1:57am
Naysayer

Yes, as I've said Italian glass is going the same route :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magma View Post
Yes Betsy that's exactly what's happening to me especially with the last batch I received of Autumn, it's a very expensive glass and every time I try and heat it a bit it explodes, I have to stick the rod to a thick mandrel and hope that when the rod explodes the chunk stays stuck to the mandrel to pull into stringers, that's all I can do with it.

CIM should test their glass, if it's too shocky they should discount it, at the moment it's getting ridiculous.
Was just thinking about this, why not sell as seconds? Limiteds are imo just them "playing", it's no longer tested as it was, it should be seconds and priced as such.
For those that talk about prewarming, this is what some of us mean that you cannot, and when I said it gets violent it does, I have scars from weeks and weeks ago. It's not a matter of introducing slowly, or prewarming in a kiln, it just randomly does it as you're working. My table has a huge mountain of 1/4 inch pieces. Sometimes you can direct it away from you, but it's unstable in how it randomly blows.