View Single Post
Old 2008-02-15, 6:28pm

I also usually end up shutting the kiln off late at night - sometimes I work till around 2am. So I start the annealing program and go to sleep.

I also have one dog with separation anxiety, so I'm afraid that if I left the house, he might cause trouble and do something like cause my work chair to roll too close to the kiln, possibly starting a fire.

One time I did start the annealing around 4pm and had to run to the bank. As I was coming back, I turned the corner and saw a huge black cloud of smoke from a fire that looked like it was where my house was located, I totally freaked out and I almost had a heart attack thinking it was my house and kiln on fire... and I've never left it alone since.

Oh.. and I also never leave the dryer on when I leave. I don't know what was up with my mother's dryer when I was growing up, but I can't tell you how many times I'd open the dryer to find flames in there!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.