View Single Post
Old 2005-06-17, 11:08am
Life in the slow lane

I agree on some points. The pin design is not unique in the world of tools. My next door neighbor is a machinist and has all kinds of ideas to make the designs better including different pins. I told him how I love/dislike the CBS because of the lack of pins.

My second thought is that they offer a larger variety of sizes than the other tool makers. I like that they have larger sizes at affordable prices. Would I buy three small sizes at the same price? Maybe, maybe not. I guess it really depends on need and if I like what I purchased before. If the machinist has a computerized machine it is no problem setting it up for one or three different holes. If they are handmade it's a different story.

I guess I'm saying there is a market out there and there will be competition. You can't say just because one maker has pins that another can't have them or it's copying. It's not. Besides competition keeps things affordable.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by starlia; 2005-06-17 at 11:10am.