View Single Post
Old 2008-04-15, 8:59am
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayley View Post
That's personal preference - I think the Piranha is much better than the MiniCC, Little Dragon and the Bobcat (have used all of them).

Chad - what would you call them then if not entry level torches since all the companies that carry those torches do not have any other torch that's lower than those?
"Entry Level" insinuates something that is cheap and will be outgrown soon. That doesn't apply here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberly View Post
Respectfully disagree. I can get a very tiny needle flame (not as long at a GTT needle flame, shorter but very fine) all the way up to a fairly large neutral to slightly reducing flame with lots of punch. This is just for the inner fire. Add the outer fire and you can melt some pretty hefty boro rod and/or tubing. Also, with the outer ring, I have the option of adding oxy to my inner ring fire.

I know it is hard to get away from personal feelings about a torch or a company as i struggle with that myself, but I have worked extensively on Minors, Carlisle Mini CC and Bethlehems as I stated earlier in the thread. I have a little bit of time on the Knight Bullet and GTT Lynx and Phantom.

Given the options that the OP listed, I would go with the 'Cuda over the Hellcat for flame adjustability.

Not really sure why I am posting agin on this topic, but felt the need to defend my favorite torch.

Just my opinion and worth what you paid for it.
You can definitely get a needle flame, but it's not hot at all. I worked on a Tiger Shark for a year, and the main reason I got rid of it is because it had no heat whatsoever. To get any heat, you had to run a large flame. Granted, I'm used to my CC, and it doesn't get any more pinpoint than a premix, and I don't work much soft glass, so maybe my perspective is skewed. But, having used both a Bullet and a Barracuda recently, I have to say the Bullet is superior to the Barracuda in every way. Flame adjustability, heat, oxygen consumption, and (perhaps most importantly) price.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.