View Single Post
Old 2008-04-15, 3:16pm
da General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
... I don't work much soft glass, so maybe my perspective is skewed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
I'm aware that some people are perfectly happy with their Bethlehem. For what I make and the way I work, a Bethlehem is the worst choice I could make.
I am well aware that you have much, much more experience than I do but that is not the point since you don't work much with soft glass. Also, you really don't need hundreds of hours on any torch to see how you like working with it or comparing one from the other.

You can post all you want in a public forum but if you are giving others your opinion in response to their asking for help, one needs to be clarify where those recommendations are based on. Perhaps you should find out what the person asking for opinion and recommendation use . . . in Teague's case, it's more soft glass than boro, I believe . . . or at a minimum, state that your opinion is based on using these torches for boro. Otherwise, it's not fair for that person who uses mainly soft glass to go from, say, a Mini CC or a Lynx to a Knight Bullet thinking that she/he is upgrading only to find that the Little Dragon inner fire is much cooler that her/his other torch . . . and having to keep firing the outer ring for larger soft glass work.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|