View Single Post
Old 2008-07-31, 6:38am

I have three oxycons. My Regalia and Oxybox-13 (Airsep) are y'd together and I run my Phantom on these - no tanked oxygen. I love these two machines and they work great together. I also used this setup for two of my other larger torches, a Barracuda and a Knight Little Dragon 21. They are quiet and reliable and give me enough power for my work even without tanks. The customer service from Kimberly and a company called B.T.E.S. respectively were excellent. Other than washing out the foam filters, I've had no other maintenance.

Along the way I purchased a new Psyclone (UO) generator based on reviews of it being capable of large capacity output. Initially I was happy with it, although it was very noisy. But after about a year it started to rumble and shake but even worse, caused my flame to fluctuate a lot. I checked to make sure the filters were still correctly seated-they were. Other than that, I can't think of anything to check on my own. The unit is large and very heavy so I can't imagine packing it up and sending it somewhere to be looked at. I've read mixed reviews on these units. So it sits in my closet. Maybe some day when I'm in the mood I'll haul it out and give it another try. It could have been weather, humidity or whatever.

That's my experience. Hope that helps and good luck.