View Single Post
Old 2008-08-20, 5:20am

The rake that I'm using looks like this:

I got mine from LB Supplys, it's the #307132 BENT TUNGSTEN RAKE 3/32. If you need one, you can get it here
Until recently, I used a stainless steel dental pick. They work really well too.

If you are having trouble pulling the petals, try making a small hand pressed tab, using the base glass that the tut calls for. On this tab, in the middle of the bead, execute steps 6 through 11 of section 2. Instead of making three petal designs, make only one and place it in the center of the bead. Keep making these little tabs over and over again until your petals look the way you want them to. Once you have that down pat, try making your Black Tie button again.

A huge part of achieving the point for the petals is recognizing when your bead is JUST RIGHT for moving ONLY the surface of the glass. It may take quite a few of these little test tabs before you feel that you've truly "got it", but if you keep practicing, you'll get there. Repetition is the key to recognizing when the glass is at the right state for raking.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.