Thread: The Cricket
View Single Post
Old 2008-09-28, 5:48pm

I got to try Pipyr's cricket on 2 oxycons & OMG it's HOT HOT HOT!!! Liquified 104 silver-glass (I was playing with a half-rod of luna2 eeked out over some vetro black that Nikki hates ) & it was liquifying the vetro black to the point where it was as transparent as the luna2--I couldn't tell where the luna was vs. the black base bead! From what I put in the kiln (I did 3 beads on the cricket?) I was getting some really nice colors from the Double Helix & I had the torch turned WAY down--I couldn't BELIEVE how hot it was! Much much, much hotter than Sue's mini cc that she runs on 2 concentrators (which I get to play on when I visit her @ home!) & a REALLY nice flame--much nicer than the minor (I'll admit, I DON'T like the minor--I can't get a "soft" enough feel to the flame--I like a little more "fluff" feel after working on my hothead--and I was able to get just a little bit of "fluff"--not a lot, but enough to make me happy, from the cricket.)

Downside? I WANT ONE (and...I have no oxy supply @ home ...my hothead & BBQ tank doesn't "upgrade" that easy )
It's a really sweet little torch!
~luna

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies