View Single Post
Old 2009-07-12, 5:21am
Gentleman of Leisure

Quote:
Originally Posted by meker View Post
I am an extreme beginner, but have had no trouble with propane dirtying glass except on my first marble beacuse there was some crap in the hose.
Sometimes, I will use a small plumbers torch from Ace Hardware that has an extremely reducing flame to get nice effects such as the red in the picture.

Some questions: Do you leave your POL adapter on your bulk propane tank after disconnecting hose/torch?

What type of cylinder does bulk propylene come in?

Also:

Filling your bulk tank in the morning vs @ noon might make a difference because ethyl mercaptan boils @ 35C so it might be less dissolved in the liquid propane in the source tank.

Bulk Propylene and MAPP and Propane and several other fuel come in tanks that all have same connection at tank, the valve technically its called a CGA-510 (from a standards point of view) most people call it POL for "Put-On-Left" but actually POL come from "Prest-O-Lite" which is actually a brand name torch that used acetylene and air ....

Ethyl mercaptan is probably not a issue in propane because it is applied in something like 1 pound of of ethyl mercaptan per 10,000 pounds of propane, so amount of ethyl mercaptan is so small a percentage that it probably has no effect on fuel or hose or torch flame....

You can leave POL adapter on tank or take it off, makes no difference ...

Dale

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Vendor-Artist-Studio-Teacher Registry

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
San Francisco - A Few Toys Short of a Happy Meal