Thread: Cheaper HotHead
View Single Post
Old 2009-08-08, 6:19pm

I had a chance to talk to Cindy Jenkins at the ISGB Gathering, where I asked her about the design of the Hot Head torch. She told me of how she went to the company that was already making a generic torch (as Dale pointed out above), and worked with them to modify the ports and jets. Her modifications were needed to get the proper flame chemistry needed to cleanly melt glass.

The company still makes the generic torch. They also make the Hot Head, which has the modified ports and jets. The generic torch does not have the modified ports and jets, and does not create the proper flame chemistry needed to cleanly melt our glass.

(While I didn't ask, I assume that the manufacturer "improved" the design of their generic torch somewhere along the way. Since the generic torch is the basis for the Hot Head, the Hot Head was also changed. This would explain the original style vs the new style.)

Malcolm
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Phone:+1.408.288.7978