View Single Post
Old 2006-02-10, 8:13pm
Bitten by the travel bug

Default Small flame damages torch??

Hi guys,
I just got a pirahna set up this week, upgrading from a HH. I was talking with a friend about stringer control, and I said I expected it to be harder, but that I had just turned the flame down to a thin flame and it was ok. Anyway, she said that she had heard that shortens the torch life. Does anyone know if that is so, and if so, why?

Thanks

ooh, one more question. I ordered some didyium glasses with the torch, from Mike and sometimes the glass is producing a white flare, which is so bright it is almost painful - should my glasses be dark enough to block that? It is only when a small bit of glass gets hot, like a small dot or lump of frit, but......

thanks in advance for any answers....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by SuzFromOz; 2006-02-11 at 7:07pm.