View Single Post
Old 2006-05-02, 9:25am
boro color bender

I grasp what you have said... I am just saying it's too simple of an explanation... and it's not taking more complex properties of gas through a valve into account. I don't think you are grasping what I am saying. It's got everything to do with how increased velocity due to pressure effects the flow of a gas. I told you to read more on Physics in the hopes that you could understand where I am coming from more completely. You are right, knowledge is valuable, but only if it's correct. I think if you look into this a little further than you have, you'll see that there is more here than your simple explanation covers. The pressures you run a torch at are very important. There is certainly a range and every person will find a setting that works best for them and their style... but to say you can adjust everything at the torch and to set it at the highest point in the range is wrong. It's not that simple.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Last edited by Mr. Smiley; 2006-05-02 at 9:48am.