View Single Post
Old 2006-06-26, 8:38am
boro color bender

You won't burn yourself on any torch just by looking at it. Nice jab there Kimberly...

The CC is the work horse of our industry that got us where we are today. They are built like a tank... maintenance is easy... but the premix centerfire is harsher on colors. They have an optimizer now, that I'm wanting to try. It's supposed to tame the beast. If you're working a lot of clear, it's great as is! I used to have a CC before I got a Mirage. I personally liked the Mirage better for the type of large solid lathe work I was doing. It is not built as tough, but does come with a lifetime warranty... this does not include damage done to the torch my the user. If you are doing hollow work or really need a solid torch that will take abuse, I'd seriously look at the CC. I know you said that price isn't an object, but it's almost half the price. The Mirage is an awesome torch... just make sure you need it before you spend over $1700.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley