View Single Post
Old 2016-03-30, 1:55pm
Marcia Seever

Question Should I upgrade torch or add 10 lpm oxy con?

Hi all. I have several questions please. I currently am running a carlisle mini cc and a 5 lpm oxy con. I have a 10 lpm oxy I haven't used yet. I would like to be able to make larger beads. I usually make large focals up to 60mm in length and 15mm in diameter and/ or pressed free form shapes up to 40-50mm width and length.

1) The knobs on my mini cc get really hot is that normal?
2) Do you suggest upgrading my torch and running the 10 lpm or running the 10 lpm with my mini cc? Or running both oxy cons on my mini cc or both oxy cons on an upgraded torch?
3) The 10 lpm concentrator had only been used for medical purposes. I'm hearing that something needs to be done to it to make it usable for lampworking. What needs to be done and can it be done at a medical supply?
4) What would you suggest for an upgrade from the mini cc? I would like to be able to go from a delicate pin point flame to hot and bushy. I tend to develop cracks on the left side at the end. I don't know if it's my fault for not keeping the bead hot enough or if my torch is not hot enough.

I would appreciate any and all input to help me decide what direction to head.
TIA!

Last edited by Marcia Seever; 2016-03-30 at 1:57pm. Reason: modify question