Thread: Boro Sticks
View Single Post
Old 2013-07-27, 1:57pm

Maybe this will help. The way it was explained to me was that rather than mixing everything in the crucible to make the color, borobar sprays the color material on very tiny glass bead and then press the coated molten hot beads in to molds. Then popped them out hot, thus the shape and why they are often not strait.
So as always you get what you pay for other colors $50 plus per pound, borobars $25-$30 per pound but you have to mix them before you use them not a bad price break for a little extra work.

Also I have used spring purple with no problem and it mixed and melted smooth so I would guess you did get a bad batch. I like it as my violet in rainbow color work and have made flower implosion marbles with it.

Before there mixed they are very shocky like as bad as soft glass and have heard other talk about compatibility issues but don’t know if they were remixing or not. I have never had a problem but it makes sense that if the color is a coating and it’s not mixed in the thin layer of color chemicals could be different Coe.

I have heard many of their green do not do well deeply encased so I never tried them.
But they do have some colors that no one else carry.
Uber blush over white makes an outstanding pink fade to white rose implosion.
Tangerine great milky orange or peachy color
Best of all the glow sticks – they do however loss their glow if they thin out or are over worked
Aqua Glow Boro Rods
Yellow/Green Glow Rod - brightest glow in the dark glass I have found

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Living the dream rocking a GTT Mirage and or 40mm Herbert Arnold J Howard Style with a home fill system in south central Wisconsin