View Single Post
Old 2009-07-12, 8:50am
DSDWC

I have built a system that utilizes 2 M-20 concentrators, a laboratory vacuum compressor and a 29 gallon holding tank. I compress the o2 up to 100psi. The system shuts off at 100 psi and turns on at 80 psi. This system lets me run a Phantom or a Barracuda at 100% for well over 2 hours at full blast!. That’s plenty of time to complete most projects. On a full day of work I have never run out of O2 as I rarely utilized 100% output for extended periods. Usually a project is broken up into periods of variable amounts of O2 use so when I am doing detail work with a small flame the system is building back up to 100% and shutting off.

Why deal with going to Tank pressures of 2000psi + when 100psi will do.
I have purposely not published how to build this system due to liability issues and the dangers of mixing high pressure O2 and oil.
For those interested a large glass tool and supply company is currently working with this design to test the feasibility of creating it for the market. If all hold true to projections I would expect to see them on the market within a year.

I have been running this unit since January and it seems to be holding up well. I can’t wait to score a Mirage and see how it performs with it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.