View Single Post
Old 2021-03-10, 11:23am
Shelarious

They have some pretty glass colors. It seems stiffer than other 104s so I don't mix it. I preheat it in my kiln and it's fine. Rods are uneven and have stones in them at times. Someone said you get what you pay for. Applies hardily here, but again, I don't mind it. I have been using broken bottles, old broken uranium glass, etc. and it's stiff and needs preheated and pulled into rods, so no bother to me.

The tools are a good starting point to see if you might want to invest in higher end tools. Graphite tools seem fine. They have great prices on foils/leaf. The presses are really wonky, but fun to try. I used a flower press for a while and put up with it. The "bead annealer" isn't, and it irks some that they advertise it that way.

They sell torches and flashback arresters and other torch accessories. I don't have any personal experience with this kind of equipment from them. However, given the focus on 'inexpensive' with Devardi, and the nature of the other products that are inconsistent and quirky at best, I just would spring for a Nortel Minor or a GTT Cricket and get your other accessories from somewhere like Mountain Glass Arts. I'm cheap, but I'm not that cheap with stuff that could burn my entire existence to the ground.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.