View Single Post
Old 2008-07-18, 3:12pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayley View Post
I see that you have pre-drilled holes on the base plate - is it recommended to bolt this down on a work surface to use? Can it be used without bolting/clamping down the device?

Hi there Hayley,

Right on both counts. The holes are for mounting to a bench with a couple of small wood screws. The threads on the cone driver are very fine, only 1.25 mm per turn, so it is quite easy to turn the handle, making it very convenient to hold it in your hand rather than mounting it. That's how I use it myself. You can also just c-clamp it to a table, or alternatively, you can mount it horizontally on two angle brackets like the from a hardware store using two small bolts and nuts. For rapid production use, I'd say a lot of folks will probably prefer that method. Turning the handle takes about the same force as a hand-held can opener, if that helps. Quite easy.

Thanks,
Dave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.