View Single Post
Old 2010-12-18, 12:50am

Default Making my own glass lathe

EDIT:
I am not currently working on my lathe and I have been contacted by a few people who are interested in building their own. I decided to publish the files on my website. You should be able to extract them and view them using Google Sketchup.

~945kb
http://www.gordonhaag.com/glass/lathe.zip

I will continue to answer questions in this thread and through PMs.
/EDIT

I really want one, but I really really don't want to buy one. I have access to a machine shop so I decided to make my own. I got a lot of ideas from some yahoo groups: MultiMachine and Gingery Machines. I think I will put all my designs, instructions, and notes on a disk once I finish it, but who knows when that will be?

Here is my current Sketchup of it. Sketchup is a great free three-d drawing program made by google. This will be changed as it grows. It is pretty close to being done, all it needs is another pulley, the torch holder, and some blocks to hold it up. Stuff like bolts and belts are really hard to model so I'm not going to put those in.

Here is a Sketchup of where I currently am, this will eventually get replaced with pics!

Currently working on one of the four pulleys!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Mr. Meker; 2011-12-11 at 5:20pm. Reason: Added link to zip