View Single Post
Old 2012-05-04, 12:12pm
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierces*designs View Post
Chad, I would happily pay you for some time. And buy you and Amanda some yummy dinner. LOL
Well, morning sickness is getting the better of Amanda, so she isn't traveling much these days. But I'd gladly come down there (or you could come up here) if you want. Just let me know.

But for pulling points, the best advice I can give you is use less heat than you think. Even though the tube may be 30mm in diameter or whatever, the wall is 4mm thick (or less) so it doesn't take that much heat. You just want a dull orange glow. Heat a section that is about twice as wide as the diameter of the tube, get it heated evenly, then take it out of the flame and pull. Keep rotating while you pull. There is a learning curve to avoid short handles or handles that are so thin they shatter when you use them. The thicker the wall of the tubing, the easier it is to pull points. I've pulled probably well over 1000 points, and I still have issues when doing it with standard wall tubing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Cosmo; 2012-05-04 at 12:14pm.