View Single Post
Old 2012-07-21, 6:19pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grama Tortoise View Post
Part of glass's magic is its impermanence.

When I look at moss in a glass capsule, I'm not thinking, "wow, with anerobic bacteria, in 200 yrs, this will be dust in a capsule!" I'm thinking, "What a treasure! How fragile! what genius! How did she do it? It's like an expression of time - a time capsule in reverse. Instead of capturing a fad in the 1950's and preserving it forever, this artwork captures eternity, the ages, in a delicate, eggshell fragile capsule - a brief gem.

I've really had to embrace this with my glass sculptures. I don't have to do anything wrong to have broken glass fish. its part of the value, not a detriment. they are delicate. its part of their magic.
Notwithstanding poetic notions, I can't agree with that last statement, either ... if there is a breakage, something went wrong ... properly made glass does not break on its own!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Running a
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
by Miema on LPG and oxy bottles and a GTT Mirage.

Last edited by wickedglass; 2012-07-21 at 6:21pm.