View Single Post
Old 2013-11-22, 6:07pm

Well, sorry I missed all the posting here. My issue with the mandrels if found was getting the beads off. Maybe out 4-5 beads made I'd get one or two off clean and it would make it into the kiln. The other three not so good.. they either cracked or my punt would break off , just when it was coming off.. then it would reattach to the mandrel.. what a job! I only tried a few more times after posting the picture.. hoping things would get better.

I have to say the demo this summer seemed very easy.
so caliete how long did it take for you to get good at it? I think I need to just do it some more and practice… but seems like I heat that rod over and over again and it still doesn't let the bead go.. maybe I messed up the rod with to much heat? what do you think?

Instead of the punty I tried using large tweezers to twist the bead off. Which worked but then the next bead would be a disaster.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.