View Single Post
Old 2015-03-03, 9:48am

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryC View Post
So much misinformation.
Yes - the laws vary from state to state. This debate has been going on for over 7 years on LE. I have seen so many people here in everyone's face about what you can and can't do in a studio, throwing it out there as a legal safety "concern" and when that fails as an ethics/moral safety issue, trying to apply the laws for their state to everyone else regardless of where they live. It's amusing at best.

Here in Nevada - most of what's been posted in the past 7 years on these forums as "law" is totally wrong....(ESPECIALLY from a what's legal perspective). I checked into those regulations for Nevada by having an inspection and also had the propane company come to the studio to check for compliance issues and provide recommendations on running propane lines outside - I was told I didn't need to make any changes as the studio is in compliance with the laws for Nevada. End of debate.

Even so, there are those that are going to lead you to believe that you are intentionally trying to kill yourself and everyone else on the block if you don't setup a certain "way" and that you are actually breaking the law.

Having said that - I recognize that there is a huge difference between a studio with concrete floors, as a separate building , detached from a house, and a "back" bedroom inside a home that may have wood floors, or worse - carpet.

Honestly, your best option would be to contact your propane/gas company and/or your local fire marshall as they will know the laws and look after your safety better than anyone on a forum.....

KIMAGINE - Best of luck and much success to you!

Last edited by nevadaglass; 2015-03-03 at 1:54pm.