View Single Post
Old 2018-02-15, 9:05pm

I was resisting it too, for the same reason. But one of the other artists at a gallery I show at accidentally bought UV reactive paint and went a head and worked up a line of jewelry for fun. She has a black light In her display. We decided to make a whole display of UV work for the fun of it. I have some ideas for sculpture work and pendants that look one way in regular light and completely different in UV. Interestingly, one of the photographers has a PRINT of a picture she took a few years ago under black light lighting. Amazingly, the print is UV reactive on the areas that had UV reactive glass. This is a photo on regular art stock paper that the image is changing color under UV!

Anyway, UV lighting is much more readily available now a days, so I could see a display shelf in a home being set up with UV to display artwork. And UV seems to be quite the rage in the club scene. I already had three types of UV light sets that I’ve collected thru the years so my only new investment in this project was some cool different glass. I’m always willing to spend a little on glass. @o@

After looking around on YouTube, I noticed that almost all the UV reactive pieces were made as “smoke” paraphernalia. I’d like to explore using such a versatile product for less recreational and more artistic pieces for the artistic challenge.

I also make glass elements for fairy gardens and can see lots of potential in glow in the dark accents for people to put in their fairy gardens. Hence my interest in how to use the glow pigment.

I’ll try to post items as I get them made in a few weeks. Cross fingers that my ideas work! LOL

Last edited by WOBGnut; 2018-02-15 at 9:09pm. Reason: Add something