Thread: Devardi cracks
View Single Post
Old 2009-11-18, 3:02pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesliedana1 View Post
I am curious , how would you know how many pounds of glass are being shipped if your NOT part of this company ?

Why use a glass that has documented serious problems because it is cheap ? I would never want to sell anything made from Devardi if some time down the road the beads will crack ! This is apart from the issue of working conditions etc .

Just my take on this !!
They say so in their newsletters.

Devardi doesn't have "documented serious problems".

Many other, FAR more expensive glasses have loads of threads about problems. I use one of those glasses-lauscha clear. Silver glass? Odd lots? "Frit on a stick" didn't originate from devardi.

If you use anything other than BE, you are risking eventual problems with your beads. Or you only make one color beads.

I've been using some of their colors for months-not much bead making time, but I've used it regularly when I had time. I've ordered 3 times from them. I keep getting more of the semi-opaque white because I love it.

I did go back over some more of my beads-devardi semi opaque white with devardi trans olive (both tonalities) and trans purple (lovely grape shade). I made them in June. Still whole. I actually posted in the other thread saying I played with the olive when I did it. I was thinking late summer.

some of their colors are unlike anything else in the 104 palette. Have you seen the peach? The browns? All of these lovely translucent colors? Transparent grape purple?