Thread: Devardi cracks
View Single Post
Old 2009-11-20, 10:14am

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreajane View Post
I have recently gotten caught up on the Devardi discussions here and elsewhere.

I have no agenda and I have no opinion about this glass since I haven't even seen it, much less used it. But I will admit the extreme defensiveness I've seen from Devardi supporters has put me off a little bit. I am not really all that anxious to try it at this point. I'll keep reading, though, as the discussion hopefully evolves.

Andrea
Serious questions for you:

If you find a product that is 1/4 the cost of others, and works at least half as well, would you use it?

If you wanted to continue using that product, and it seemed like a lot of people who had never used that product were very negative about it, calling it worthless and saying to throw it away and never use it again, might you respond saying you liked it?

I've had a few very unpleasant responses made to me in this thread. I have not posted in kind. I don't post on any other forums. I only read here and WC.

Devardi is like a toddler. It can be really, really amazing stuff. It's highly imperfect in form. If you are willing to spend some time playing and working with it, you can have some great results. If you expect it to do what you want, every time, you need to forget using any other glass than bullseye-which is like the full grown lady of glass