View Single Post
Old 2009-05-01, 12:51am

Default ABR Imagery- Hurricane Oxy Generator- HELP!

Hey guys i was told by another member on The Melting Pot that suggested i post this here. I am having a huge problem with ABR. Im fairly new to the torch, and i fell into buying a hurricane with expectations of it powering my midrange. Now i find that anyone who has been on a torch for more than 6 months knows that the generators wont power squat.

Anyone thats a member of the forum should check out the thread in the members vending section>Hurricane Oxy Generator fs or trade

I asked for a refund and they wont take the return, and claim that the system will power my torch. They have used the "it the manufacturers problem" line a couple times. I emailed them, sent them a PM, and i was ignored. Everyone had told me to speak to Ross(the owner, i believe) and i couldnt seem to get ahold of him. The one time i got his voicemail i told him(kindly) that people suggest I speak to him about the problem. He had someone else call me back, and run the "call Paul, he builds the machines."

They did however give me the option to send the unit back to be "fixed." He told me he would be in Kansas City if i wanted to drive up and meet him to swap units, or trade for two m-15 units. Its a 3 hour drive (and about 80 bucks drive in an SUV) so I decided not to give up yet. I am also told this has happened before, and that it takes 1-3 months to get the system back, which is so far from the sales date that your kinda SOL.

So last night i sent ABR an email about it asking again for a refund, and that if i wanted to get technical, his site advertises an Unlimited Oxygen unit in the picture, and i actually got an Extreme Oxygen unit.(I am running out of options, it seems) And so today he changed the photo of the product. Too bad for him a took a screenshot yesterday, because i saw that move coming.

I am basically asking for any advice on what more i can do. I am filing a Federal Traid Commision complaint right now. I hope that can help.