View Single Post
Old 2007-08-06, 6:56am

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokersdesign View Post
What is an inline regulator and where do you get them, link?

On my delta mag I did have 6 posts and the first set of posts where running off one set of regulators connected to a 3 way manifold at the tanks with the pressure set to 15 PSI.

The second set of posts where running off a second set of regulators connected to a 3 way manifold at the tank with the pressure set to 35 PSI.

The third set of posts where running off a third set of regulators connected to a 3 way manifold at the tank with the pressure set to 50 PSI.

That allowed me to adjust the pressure running to the each ring of the torch. That allowed me to avoid have to forceful or to touchy of a flame on any of the 3 flames.
The way you are describing your setup is very similar to what I was mentioning. Having separate regulators is the key to ensuring that changes on one ring does not affect the others.

As for inline regulators, that is just a term for a regulator that is designed not to go onto a tank, and usually deals with much lower pressures than a tank. The idea behind the inline regulator is that you could have a main set of tank regs set pretty high (100 PSI or so) then have these smaller inline regulators setup right at your bench. Some of the benefits are listed below:

- Because you are going through main regs and then inline regs, you are effectively using a dual regulation setup, which will always present a more consistent and even pressure than a single regulator (unless the single regulator is a dual stage, which is quite expensive). This alleviates the "breathing" effect that some experience where the flame grows and shrinks at regular intervals.

- Since the line regs are at your bench, you can adjust them as needed without having to go back to the tanks.

- Inline regs are usually much less expensive than tank regs. Quality tank regs are around $100 or more, where as quality inline regs are around $40.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-always a sale and new items to check out!
East coast supplier of colored glass rod in 104 and 33, tools, torches, gloves, and everything else a flameworker needs
Where LE users receive 15% off glass, and 10% on everything else, every day all year long!