Thread: Homemade tools
View Single Post
Old 2008-03-28, 11:36am
too many rods in the fire

I think it's a great idea! Everyone comes up with different variations of "tools" for lampworking that are basically household items. And being a newbie, I love reading other folks ideas on the subject.

For example, a friend of mine told me she uses the heavy foil cupcake cups for frit! They are cheap, disposable and it works really well - I've tried it. I've also started raiding my father's tool box (laugh). I recruited him to make me a set of armrests (I have a bad neck) for when I'm torching, and he also made me a great mandrel holder for my dipped mandrels. He's very handy!

I would love to read other peoples' ideas for tools etc.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.