View Single Post
Old 2013-07-22, 9:48am
Mmmmm....Raku

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasslass2 View Post
Thanks very much for the video Dawn. Really enjoyed it. Now I have to order some Tag glass. I've only tried Fire Lotus. I'm interested in how you pull your stringer. What size rod do you initially start with to pull from? All my clear is probably too small. Mine are 5-6 mm.
Glad you enjoyed the video!
I use a standard 6-7mm rod to pull my clear stringers from. But 5-6mm is fine too. The thinner the rod the more careful you have to be to keep the pull fairly consistent.

For a 6-7mm rod I usually get 3 stringers. I pull two stringers and set the end aside. Then I start a new rod and after I pull the first stringer I then weld the end piece I set aside to the new rod. Then I just continue on this way welding the left over piece to the next rod so there's no waste.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nortel Minor with one Concentrator