View Single Post
Old 2011-07-06, 6:50am
old fart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyssa View Post
We had a fire. It appears that the hose connected to my torch melted at the connector to the torch and blew off. I jumped back quickly enough, but there was flame spewing out of the end of the hose. I was able to put the fire out relatively quickly with the fire extinguisher and sent my husband outside to turn off the tank. When I was working on my torch last night I noticed the valve knob was hot, but I didn't think it was THAT hot, and today the hose melted, and I had a fire.

Ok, so is this a one-in-a-million chance or does this sort of thing happen often?!?

you asked what went wrong????? you are using a hothead with a bulk tank with the hose and torch inside!!!!! the only thing worse would be to have the tank inside as well. the only way you should use a bulk tank with a hothead is if everything!!! the tank, the entire length of hose, AND the torch are 100% outside so that any leaked gas will drift away and will not pool in the lowest spot in your studio/home. if you must use a hothead inside, then use it with the small 1 pound gas cylinder that it was designed for.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by laserglass; 2011-07-06 at 6:52am.