View Single Post
Old 2013-03-14, 7:56am

Default What am I doing wrong??

I'm using the Impress Bead Liner and usually get great results. However, it seems that I get a lot of beads that end up domed on one side

but not on the other!

When you look at this bead straight on, this is what it looks like!

I am making sure that I am doing the same thing to each side of the bead. I contacted Dave about this and never heard back. I've read through the directions again and feel like I am following them. I've not seen this particular problem addressed. Of course, this only happens to my prettiest beads!

I love the domed edge and that is what I want on both sides. Right now, I am adding 3.2mm to the width of the bead to cut a core for sterling silver tubing. I use the little pipe cutter tool.

I have tried to take the silver out of the bead and sometimes I can get it back out but usually I just end up with a mess or a broken bead.

So does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong and how to correct it? Also any suggestions for getting the silver out of the bead if I continue to screw up??

Thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.