View Single Post
Old 2014-03-05, 1:01am
Hello?

Default Phantom and tanked Oxy

I've been searching for hours for info and I'm coming up empty.

After spending a good 7 years on my trusty little minor torch, I've decided its way past time to upgrade. I'll be going with a gtt phantom.

I've always worked on concentrators and was going to try and figure out some combination of oxycons to run the phantom, or build a home-fill tank system, but decided I better just run on tanks first.

My problem is trying to find out how long say a K tank(250cf) will last me. I pretty much torch 5 days a week anywhere from 6 to 8 hours (sometimes 12). I blow tons of shards, soft glass marbles, but want to venture more into boro work such as marbles, small vessels, ornaments.

I'm guessing I'll pretty much be using the center fire 70% of the time and using the outer the other 30% for heating my big melts before a blow, or rounding out big marbles.

I'm trying to cost out this upgrade before the leap. So throw some figures at me please

I know very little about tank sizes so I might even go up to a bigger tank size than a K if I can handle moving it. If a K will last me long enough where I'm not going back every week to fill 4 or 5 tanks though I would stay with that size.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.