Thread: Fire Lotus
View Single Post
Old 2015-11-20, 9:59am
da General

Quote:
Originally Posted by echeveria View Post
Hayley, thanks. Those are the strikers I was thinking of. I perceive the same color range is available with those, especially with Brad's StrikingColor.

So if someone has worked both those and Fire Lotus, can you say what is different? Seems like some good substitutes might be available if we are down to the last 5 lbs of Fire Lotus.
Kathy, The reason I posted in this thread was because I had worked with Fire Lotus and know for a fact that it's a striking silver glass like the others. What sets it apart is that it does also kiln strike (Terranova 2.1 does as well but not to the extend of FL). You can actually put the bead back in the kiln for another annealing session to get more colors (e.g., magenta). I'd offer to send you a rod to play with but would hate to have you fall in love with something you can no longer get!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|