View Single Post
Old 2013-05-24, 7:42am

Hi,

I went to your site, thought it very professional. I have tried two shows selling jewelry. The latest, the really up front guy that roasted cashews with sugar and cinnamon had sold only 30 bags on Friday when he said his normal sales would of been 300 bags and this is an Impulse item. I just think trying to sell luxury items is really hard and the economy still stinks. Many other vendors of hand made quality goods did terrible also. Out of 100 vendors, only 3 did well. I asked all the the vendors for constructive feed back. Among other things, I was told, jewelry is the most saturated area of the arts and crafts market. And try to have items under the $50 price point. YES I KNOW, this is maddening and almost impossible to do. Thus we compete against inferior Chinese goods not hand made, all big problems. I have been told by one very talented 20 year artist the arts and craft movement might become unviable. What a shame.

The only other thing I can see, is that it is a little hard to determine from the pictures, but your scale seems on the bigger side. I personally love this. But was told I have the same issue, I was building the scale pieces I liked, not a variety for different women's size and preference.

You might want to mention you kiln anneal all pieces also. I am sure you do and consider it to obvious to mention, but I see that in most lampwork ads.
Good Luck,

Kim