View Single Post
Old 2014-01-31, 4:34pm

Welcome!

I have had my Spartan torch and the complete set of regulators and hoses from Devardi for a little over a month. I'm on my 4th tank of oxygen (size 125) if that gives you an idea how much I've been using it. I am very happy with their equipment, prices, and especially their service. I could not justify spending twice the amount on this equipment and everything works just fine. My husband has done lots of welding and set everything up for me - and if it was not going to be safe, he would not have allowed me to use the equipment. Being fairly new to all this, I did not want to go "top-of-the-line" and then find out it wasn't really for me. It fits my needs at this stage of my skills and interest.

Just wanted to provide another point of view from someone that has the equipment you're asking about. It may not have the resale value as the other brands, but I don't plan on selling it. I am going to try a little boro with this torch to see if I like it. (Not really a good idea on the hot head.) If I decide to get into more boro, I would need a bigger torch anyway, and this one will still be useful. Also, I'm not trying to do this to recoup my costs, I'm doing this because I really enjoy it - so take it for what it's worth.

"I'd rather have glassy friends than classy friends."