View Single Post
Old 2014-10-05, 3:07pm
Artistically Absorbed

The tubing doesn't look like it is soooo long that you should have splits like that, those are big splits. The tubing can make some difference too. I am heavy handed as you say you are, and it is very easy for me harden the tube just by cutting and pre working it (deburring & sanding). I anneal all of my tube with a torch before I core so it is more agreeable. The only exception I have made is the dead soft fine silver tube I bought, which is so super soft... that I tumble it for little before I core (this may also help with smaller tubing that doesn't have much substance). I have heard oodles of good stuff about the Impress, although I have never used one. My first one was the Retro, which has a bit of a learning curve to it, and trashes even my heavy hands after doing a decent batch. So I bought the Nortel, and I LOVE it! The best thing is that it is a lever vs. screw method. If you don't do lots of coring it might not be worth the investment, but if you do, the break on your hands is worth every cent... plus it takes almost no time comparably with not having to screw and unscrew between flips.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Believe in Yourself and Anything is Possible!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SRA Artist A64