View Single Post
Old 2010-09-28, 12:59pm
Jacqueline Parkes

Age is not a factor which prohibits personal growth. You have great information to contribute but the delivery needs work. You want tutorial writers to be open to your advice and we want you to be open as well. Remove ego from the equation and both sides can benefit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly'sFolly View Post
----

I could not agree with you MORE! We spent much time sending in absolutely PERFECT directions with the goal being the viewer should be able to print them off the website and complete the project even if they never saw the show. It was a huge bone of contention with Carol, her producers AND THE VIEWERS that the info frequently got edited to smitherreens on the website. Our output was book quality... HGTV did not care and that is why, IMHO, they are the crap network they are today!

----

-----
I do too... it just doesn't need to be packaged in the product I take to the torch. The unnecessary bits can be left on the website. They are the sales features, not the meat and potatoes. But I think the formatting issues has been discussed quite a bit...

---

---

Again, I became a producer at the ripe old age of 29 because I'm direct. I've discovered that 90% of the people I encounter have no idea how to deal with someone who is direct. It's been an issue my whole life... but it is a personality trait and at 46, I'm not likely to change. I feel I constantly have to walk a line between saying what I think and babying it down to not offend.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.