View Single Post
Old 2018-06-15, 2:54pm
Slogan Challenged...

I have some Pixie stix, or Hotstix, I forget what they are called. They have the best dichro combos, but they are thick enough that the sides always ALWAYS haze up. I hate to use them for anything but making encased dichro stringer, which always seems a waste of those beautiful patterns. The only thing I might recommend for ones like that is to use your tweezers and clean up the margins when you first melt it on the base bead, to reduce the scumming it invariably has. Otherwise, to wrap it all face UP on the bead, and then quickly encase it all, making sure to hit thoe edges first.

But I have more luck with fused flat strips. I hold them dichro side up and hold them above my flame. I melt or soften from the underside and then I flip quickly and wrap down onto the bead underneath. I move it all beneath the flame, so more heat will go on the topside if I need it. I tend to flame cut, even though it is a bit messier. Also sometimes I just cut into small pieces, flash in the flame and place on the bead, face down. Then I heat it up after it is on the bead and shape & encase.

Facebook:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Etsy:

Last edited by KJohn; 2018-06-15 at 3:00pm.