View Single Post
Old 2011-09-10, 8:20pm

Default Fuse Box II relay and element information

Hi everyone! I've just spent 6 weeks repairing my Fuse Box II kiln, made by the E.K.Miller company in Oregon (they are no longer in business). I discovered I needed to replace my elements and had to make a lengthy search to find the replacement parts I needed.

I've decided to post everything here so that if anyone else found themselves in my situation, they would have the necessary information available to them so they could get their kilns back up and running.

This is the relay switch, it's made by Omron and is available from Grainger (they have a site online):

This is the wiring diagram with the kiln specs:

This is the element schematic:

The element is available from Joppa Glassworks. You need to provide the element number (E120-12-165/2). They cost $40.00 each plus shipping, you will need two of them.

The Partlow controller (model 1166) is available from distributors. The current model has a port added so you can download programs directly from a computer. I have .pdf files of the manuals , PM me if you'd like copies.

This is the Partlow distributor I talked to here in Michigan, I'm sure if he can't help you, he can refer you to someone who can:

Patrick Peters
George R Peters Associates http://www.grpeters.com
Ste C 650 E Big Beaver Troy MI 48304
Phone: 248-524-2211 cell 248 417 8765
Email: patpeters@grpeters.com sales@grpeters.com

An interesting sidenote is that Partlow makes an instrument that can detect a runaway kiln and will disable it until you take care of the problem. It costs about $250 and if I remember correctly, it will work for other types of kilns as well. I plan to get one as soon as I can...

The only thing I don't have is the manufacturer's manual for the kiln itself, if I find one, I'll be sure to post it here.

I love this kiln, hope this helps other FuseBox II owners keep their kilns up and running!

Denise

Last edited by DPete1104; 2011-09-10 at 8:45pm.