View Single Post
Old 2013-02-05, 10:20am
Marble Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale M. View Post
Yes.... Welding supply may eve crimp the new ends on with a farrel as it's pretty much a standard procedure to repair hoses with damaged ends...

Might want to sit down and take a few minutes to make crude sketch of what you want to do all the way form tanks/regulators and oxycon to torch so you have idea of what you may need and lengths involved.... Road maps always help...
( in reference to the deleted post ) The old guy behind the counter there is not what I'd call a "people person". He wasn't even sure if he wanted to talk to me about a K-Tank last time I was there. I expected as much, these places aren't Lowe's, they're specialty shops, and you're either on the Buddy List or you're not. I could tell his interest was a little piqued when I talked about the torch, though. I have the Bravo and my hoses in the car to take in, which will hopefully help a little to break through his "Anti-noob" shell. Maybe I'll let him fire it up...

The hoses I have are quite a bit longer than I want. I was thinking about cutting them down to a better length for my setup, leaving some extra, of course. I'm pretty sure I could cut them in half and make a second set of hoses to solve my problem of needing another O2 hose. With quick-connects or threaded connectors, I could then buy another set later if I have to rearrange the torching area. I'll think about it.

A sketch definitely would be good, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalonST
Leak test solution can be found at the big box stores or welding supply houses - make sure it states it's safe for oxy use (no petroleum products)
And another thanks. I appreciate it.

-BEP
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.