Thread: Frit Question
View Single Post
Old 2012-10-18, 11:31am

None of this is a given. You may even have compatibility problems mixing colors within single families of glass. Mixing families as well as brands just increases the chance of incompatibility. In the last 10-15 years glass color companies have been under pressure to remove lead from their formulas so you cant assume that they will stay the same. Bottom line is you must test everything if you want to be sure.

Larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverRiverJewelry View Post
You would think I would know this after several years lol but I can't find the answer.

I know that you can use 96 frit on 104 coe in small quantities at your own risk and that its probably not a good idea to encase that particular combination.

Do the same rules apply if I am using 90 coe glass and 96 frit? I would think so but I am not sure.

I am mostly a 104 girl but I dabble a bit in the coe's and plan to eventually expand my glass hoard, I mean stash, to include more of the coe's. I have a little bit of 96, a bit more of the 90 and the rest is 104 or boro (which is waiting for me to save up a bit more for a stronger oxycon).

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.